Saturday 30 April 2016

Summer Blanket update

Good morning lovely people. Isn't it just a lovely,  if a bit chilly,  Saturday morning? Blue skies without a fluffy white, or ominous black cloud to be seen. Bearing in mind the mixed bag of weather we have had this week I'm not sure if its going to last so, probably like many of you,  I've been washing clothes and hanging them out to dry,  while its lovely.

But hey,  the blanket update!
I've been crocheting my heart out this week.  Since my last post actually.  I've added a few colours in to my scheme as I think it needed it.



What do you think?
I'm using Stylecraft special dk colours: Spring Green,  Wisteria,  Parchment,  Fondant,  Khaki,  Magenta, Lemon and Cloud Blue.

The khaki looks much darker than in reality. I pondered this colour being added in but it does give it a bit more depth.

As you can see I've made each colour up into 4 round squares to give you a better idea.

This is the pile of squares I've put together in the last week



Looks loads doesn't it?  Sorry I haven't sewn in the ends yet.  
There are 24 squares altogether being a mixture of 8, 6, 4 and 2 rounds. 

This is the reality though. ...


Yep that area highlighted is effectively what I have crocheted. ...I have some way to go but as the Summer is taking a little while to arrive then perhaps I may have a summer blanket for the Summer. ...
Watch this space! 

Ta ra for now.  Enjoy your bank holiday weekend if you are here in the UK. 
Would be lovely to know where you are all from. ..drop a comment  in the comments box and let me know xx

No comments:

Post a Comment